- When walking the dog, let him/her sniff and snuffle around outside. This is their version of reading the ‘news’ or catching up on the local gossip!
- When on the verge of criticising someone, snap your lips tightly shut and BE QUIET!
- When thanking someone, lightly touch them on the arm and look them in the eyes. This is a lovely act of kindness to yourself and others: these simple acts of connection can make a difference to your day.
- Before you eat, pause for a brief moment and give thanks for all the people who have been involved in bringing this food to your table (growers, transportation companies, delivery companies and so on).
- if you receive a request to sign a petition against a cause which resonates with you, then DO IT! Your participation can make a difference.
Wishing you all a happy week. It’d be great to hear your thoughts on any of these suggestions. Anita.