Morecambe and Wise came into my mind this morning along with the song, “Bring me sunshine” which they used to sing at the end of every show (for those who don’t know them, they were a comedy duo on UK television in the ’70s – that’s the 1970s – so last century!!). Their song and dance routine always made me giggle, especially the silly little skipping dance at the end.
What’s at the heart of all this? Sunshine! Light! Laughter! I had glanced at my wall calendar for June 2018 this morning and noticed that I had drawn in a big sun symbol on the majority of the days. This is something I do to uplift my spirits on a low day, so I thought I’d share some more sunny, silly ideas with you today.
So, why not think, say or do something silly to bring a smile to your face and help lift the spirits of others. Here are a few suggestions for you (I’d love to hear yours! I’m always on the look-out for good ideas):
- watch a short Morecambe and Wise video on YouTube (any will make you giggle)
- find a really good joke (from a book, or google (?) and share it with others). Here’s one:
- draw a big sun on the calendar if it’s a beautiful sunny day, and colour it in with yellow highlighter. Encourage others to do likewise. Here’s my calendar for June:
- record your pet snoring and share with your friends or on social media.
- see the funny side in everything today. Laugh out loud as often as you can. It may freak people out, but it will be infectious. Check out laughter therapy.
- Make it your mission to get others to smile/laugh today. eg: smile at them; compliment them; hold the door for them; give them some chocolate. Share your results with us / others.
- Follow your intuition. If you see something that you think will make someone smile/laugh, don’t hesitate with excuses. Just make them a gift of it and brighten up their and your day.
I leave you with this iconic song from ELO, Mr Blue Sky. Just click on the image below to listen, and have a happy, sunny day! Anita.😎